Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMW22
Binge Watcher

Crunchyroll App and Site are Garbage, Don't Work Correctly

Buggy, garbage app. It will work fine for awhile then suddenly stops working. Certain episodes won't play at all or get stuck.

Subscription management is a joke and full of malfunctions. If you subscribe through your Roku device, it doesn't work at all and will tell you to sign up for an account at their website. Then you get charged double for their garbage app and site that never works properly for very long.

Fix your Roku app. Fix your site.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Crunchyroll App and Site are Garbage, Don't Work Correctly

Hi, @JMW22

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We acknowledge the information that you've shared with us, and we're sorry to hear about the inconvenience that this has caused. We'd be more than willing to assist. For this matter, we recommend performing the troubleshooting step below to resolve the playback issue. 

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

Additionally, our Accounts and Billing team can directly assist you further regarding the charges on our account. K

• Please visit: support.roku.com
  • Sign in to your account
  • Look for the "Agent Support" tab at the bottom right corner of the page
  • Click "Check support options"
  • Click Account, Payments & subscriptions

You can also view and check the charges on your account and this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JMW22
Binge Watcher

The app is impossible to remove at this time. I have a trial that goes to the 24th even though I already canceled auto renew. I have not been able to access the trial or the roku app using roku managed billing thus far. It is also impossible to remove the app as it is not an option when I click the star key.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@JMW22-

Since you subscribed through Roku, have you tried accessing this channel via The Roku Channel rather than the separate Cruncyroll app?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
JMW22
Binge Watcher

That doesn't work.

0 Kudos
JMW22
Binge Watcher

I did a factory reset on the Roku Ultra and started over with everything. I still can't delete the app or access premium content on Crunchyroll through the Roku subscription system. It seems the only way to get premium content is to sign up for a web account and pay CR directly.

0 Kudos