Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WyzeChoice

Continuous recording and playback???

I have the indoor tilt, pan, zoom smart camera and I can’t figure out how to view continuous recordings. Maybe I’m just too dumb but I can’t seem to figure it out. I can playback recordings that the camera makes from events but I don’t want to see the 14seconds that the camera thought my dog was a person. I want to be able to scroll through a nonstop recording of everything that’s been in the cameras view for the day. I’ve got an sd card installed so this should be possible. Especially since the wyze cam that Roku copied for this camera has that feature along with every single other WiFi cam ever made. Is the option there and I’m just not seeing it? Also, when my camera detects sound, it takes a picture…of the sound…a still shot…of sound. Does that make any sense at all? Can’t even figure out what the sound was because you can’t SEE sound. Everything else it detects it makes a video recording of except sound. Even an audio recording would be more helpful than a photograph of sound. What do I know though, right?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Continuous recording and playback???

"To view a continuous recording, you must remove the micro SD card and connect it to your computer."

How to install a micro SD card in your Roku Smart Home camera | Official Roku Support

I know, it's ridiculous.

I can't help with the other issue.  I thought it created a video clip when it detected sound or motion, but I let my subscription lapse after the free trial.

From the indoor camera setup page:  "Set your camera to record video any time motion or sound is detected"

How to set up your Roku Indoor Camera SE | Official Roku Support

I don't know if there's any settings within the Smart Home app that affect it, but you may want to look around within it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.