Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cujoman187

Commercials stopping playback... First commercial break stops playback

So I'm watching Shipping Wars and most of season 4 played back just fine until the final two episodes and so far season 5 episode 1 after the first commercial break the show just stops playing and gets hung up. It just keeps buffering. It will still start again if you forward it to the next commercial break but then you've missed the entire middle of the show! I've stopped using your channel until this is fixed. I'm assuming there's definitely an issue on your end cause it keeps happening on the last three episodes I've tried to watch which are season 4 episode 11 and episode 12 and season 5 episode 1 please fix this and I'll start using your channel again. 

I'm using my TCL ROKU TV

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Commercials stopping playback... First commercial break stops playback

Hi @Cujoman187,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos