Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Molliemo
Reel Rookie

Color picture has turned to a Black and white picture

My Roku is having the same issue. It’s black and white & it’s dim. I swapped HDMI cables, I swapped the HMDI holes, i reset my Roku, there’s no update & ive googled everything…. Why is this an issue? And how can I fix it?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Color picture has turned to a Black and white picture

Hi @Molliemo,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for posting and reaching out for support. We're glad to assist. What specific Roku device are you having issues with? Also, can we have visuals of the issue you're having? An image or video would much be appreciated.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Molliemo
Reel Rookie

It wouldn’t let me post or take a video, but here is a picture. The Roku device image.jpg

has been reset, unplugged and plugged back in, I even swapped the HDMI cables to see if that was the problem, I swapped the HDMI holes. But it won’t fix. It’s black and white and really dim as if a lightbulb went out. But my tv is completely fine it’s the device having issues and I don’t understand why.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Molliemo!

Could you tell us if you have another TV that we can try and let us know if there are any differences? If the issue persists, could you please provide us with the device serial number so we can look into it?

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rae24

I'm having the same problem with a roku strembar is there a solution yet?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Rae24

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having a display quality issue with your Roku Streambar, and we'd like to gather further details for us to assist you better. Kindly provide the following details below:

• Is this happening to a specific channel or throughout the Roku platform?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as restart or power cycle?
  • When did you first encounter the issue?
  • Can you provide us with an image?

With more details related to the issue, it'll help us better understand the problem at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos