Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwhcrew
Channel Surfer

Cbs app audio out of sync

I have just installed the cbs app, signed in through spectrum,  and the audio is several seconds out of sync. Everything is updated, the volume setting on the cbs channel is already set to off. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Cbs app audio out of sync

Hello @mwhcrew

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mwhcrew
Channel Surfer

OK I did that, and actually noticed it's also paramount plus, and it's only when I'm streaming live. Unfortunately removing the channel, restarting and readding didnt help, and actually now the cbs app won't load. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@mwhcrew

Thanks for the reply.

In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo, etc.? Also, could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? Please provide us as well with the model number of your Roku device. This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating Settings > System > About

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mwhcrew
Channel Surfer

The audio setting is Auto (stereo). Stereo is the only option, changing it hasn't mattered.

The roku is plugged into the wall outlet.

It's model 3930X

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mwhcrew

Thanks for the posts.

For clarification, can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific channel(s) are you seeing this audio sync issue with? Do you have any external audio devices connected to your home setup, or is audio simply coming out of your TV? Does this issue happen on other channels as well? If you stream other content on these specific channels (not live streaming), are you experiencing the same issue occur?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mwhcrew
Channel Surfer

It's only the cbs and paramount plus channels, and only when live streaming. I was able to live stream football from YouTube tv with no problem. My setup is simple- nothing else connected to the TV.  Seems like an app/channel issue to me but I could definitely be wrong!

0 Kudos