Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
searlesk

Can't watch videos on Roku Ultra 4K

I also have this issue. I love my ROKUs and have many of them. This is going to become a bigger issue as time progresses forward. Many people are looking to get better tv and if ROKU cant support 4K as advertised we all will ditch the roku for something more robust. I dont want too but if there is not a better fix I will be forced to upgrade to the cometition. Please fix this so I can keep me, my family, my customers and even my loved ones on the roku platform. 

As an IT admin how can you say that the fix to watch 4K content is to downgrade the feed and only use 1K or less. That really means your ULTRA cant do a 4K stream and we got false advertisment on our hands.   

THIS was the only thing that seems to work - meaning no 4K content. Same files work perfect on the Nvidia sheild and the Native apps on the smart TV. (No need to upgrade if everyting built in the TV works better than ROKU) 

• Reduce the video quality: You can try reducing the video quality of your high-bitrate movies to see if it resolves the issue. You can do this in the Plex settings or by choosing a lower-quality stream in the movie player.)

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: %33 and CRASH time on 4800r models

Hi @searlesk,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for the post.

The Roku Ultra provides a 4K resolution display with Dolby Vision. To ensure that this feature is displayed while streaming, the TV and channels must be compatible with this. When you connect your Roku streaming device to your TV, the frame rate and other capabilities are detected automatically. Use the steps below to view this information.

1. Press Home home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Display type
  4. Choose Auto detect

After this, you will be able to see the options of the supported displays. If the 4K resolution is supported, but you're still having issues playing with high-quality content, then we would be more than glad to assist. Tell us more about what channels you are trying to access that does not display the 4K resolution.

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos