Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't uninstall HBO Max app

What if you have hbomax for free through your internet provider, and haver had an issue using it on the roku TV by just adding hbomax to it from add channels up until 2months ago... now same as everyone else, just get a black screen. It's not on my roku subscriptions I've already removed it and added it back on. Any other clues?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't uninstall HBO Max app

Hi @Darkpenguin66

Thank you for the post.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with using HBO Max on your Roku TV, even after adding it back on.

If you have already removed and re-added the HBO Max channel to your Roku device, and are still encountering a black screen, there are a few other troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Clear the Roku TV cache: Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > scroll down to "Clear cache" and select it. This will clear any stored data or temporary files that may be causing issues.
  • Restart your Roku TV: Try restarting your Roku TV. We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart. any connectivity issues.
  • Check for Roku system updates: Make sure your Roku device is running the latest software version by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now.
  • Check your internet connection: Make sure your Roku TV is properly connected to your Wi-Fi network, and that your internet connection is stable and strong enough to stream video content.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't uninstall HBO Max app

@Darkpenguin66-

You were viewing a thread titled "Can't uninstall HBO Max app" but then entered a separate message without changing the title.

From your text you CAN and have uninstalled the HBO Max channel app, so that makes things a bit confusing when the post title and post text say different things.

The HBO Max subscription you obtained from internet provider should NOT be listed in your subscriptions shown on your Roku account.   Only subscriptions obtained THROUGH ROKU are listed there.

As you've indicated, HBO seems to be having current problems with the Roku version of their app they have supplied to Roku.  The remove / restart / resinstall process (do all three in that order) suggested by @RokuLianna should assure you have a clean copy of the latest version of the channel app, but if the app itself is where the problem lies you don't have a cure yet. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos