Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
membrec

Can't get 4K output on LG 27mu88 (monitor, not TV) using Roku Streaming Stick+

I have an LG 27mu88 monitor and have just purchased a Streaming Stick+. The monitor supports HDCP 2.2. The native resolution is 3840x2160. I'm having a similar problem as others I've seen. When I go to Display Settings it keeps defaulting to 1080p. If I choose one of the 4k options, it says my TV (monitor in my case) doesn't support 4K and doesn't support HDCP 2.2. Neither is true. Even if I force one of the 4k options, nothing changes.

When I plug a windows laptop into the same port, it goes into 4k full resolution no problem. So I don't believe it to the port or the monitor.

What's up with the Roku device? Does this device not support this resolution? According to the literature, it should.

No idea what to try. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
trymph
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't get 4K output on LG 27mu88 (monitor, not TV) using Roku Streaming Stick+

Neither is true. Even if I force one of the 4k options, nothing changes.

When I plug a windows laptop into the same port, it goes into 4k full resolution no problem. So I don't believe it to the port or the monitor.

What's up with the Roku device? Does this device not support this resolution? According to the literature, it should.

No idea what to try. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the same issue. My Dell P4317Q monitor can handle 4K+ but the Roku 4K+ 3810X stick set up says 2.2 not supported and defaults to 1080p on Display Settings setup also. Did anyone find a solution? I have not adjusted the monitor to higher resolutions is that the issue? There is no computer between my Roku stick and the monitor.

BTW for monitors without audio output the solution is something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XJITK7E/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_Z70D2YTBJK61DDH0YCXB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
trymph
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't get 4K output on LG 27mu88 (monitor, not TV) using Roku Streaming Stick+

Update: Display settings allows "force" 4K HDR@60fps ........seems to work. Sound works with that "HDMI Audio Extractor" but can not get Roku to program remote for sound even though it recognizes my sound bar is Pioneer. I'm connected via optical output of the previously mentioned Audio Extractor so now the sound bar's remote allows for volume +/- as there is no computer between the Roku and the monitor. 

Regards All

0 Kudos