Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cat2Buz

Can't Access Program/Is not available or has expired Error

I am having this problem with the Roku Channel, Only. Sometimes it does the “cannot access program” in the middle of watching the program. I have checked for updates, and updated, even though it said no updates. I restarted my Roku TV. Still does not work. I took the Roku channel off, turned off the TV and downloaded the Roku channel again. Still will not play the free movies. My model number is 3400x - Roku Stick. Software version 9. 1. 0 build 5009 - 05. Serial number 1EJ44UO10847.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't Access Program/Is not available or has expired Error

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find "System restart" under Roku menu path Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System. (Note, on a Roku Tv, just turning it off and back on does not give you a full resart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
rdgerdes

I have Roku built into my TCL Television. I subscribed, through Roku, to Britbox. I wanted to watch the new season of "Traces" which shows on the thumbnail in the app on my Roku TV, but it is not available. I checked on my AppleTV, and it is available, but I could not log in to my Britbox account with AppleTV and so had to re-subscribe with them. I cancelled my Roku/Britbox subscription and watched the program. Why are some programs not available at Britbox on Roku but they are available on my Apple TV? Why do I need Roku if the apps are not current with programming? Why did the thumbnail on Roku show season 2 but it was not available to watch?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@rdgerdes, often a subscription through Roku doesn't get you the same programming you'd get if you had a subscription directly through the provider.  If you subscribe through Britbox and use that subscription on Roku you may have a better experience.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos