SourChipmunk
Channel Surfer

Buzzing from Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

I have seen similar topics but no posted resolution.

I purchased the Roku 9102R Streambar in February. It is connected to a Vizio D32f-G4 via HDMI ARC.

SN YL005A576666

Software version 12.5.5, build 4174-95

It has developed a habit of producing a humming/buzzing noise, even when not in use. I have had to unplug both the power and the HDMI connections for a minimum of a minute to temporarily fix the issue.

Also, at times during streaming I will hear an intermittent popping noise from the speaker. This seems to go away on its own after several minutes.

Any recommendations are appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SourChipmunk
Channel Surfer

Re: Buzzing from Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

Update: It lasted about 3 days since the last time I had to unplug for over a minute before the buzzing returned. I did as you suggested and moved it to a different (non ARC) HDMI port. The buzzing ceased, however -- as expected -- there was no sound from the TV.

I returned it to the ARC port and the buzzing returned.

I did a "reboot" on the TV itself and the buzzing stopped without having to reset the Streambox.

At this point, I am confident it is the TV causing the issue, not the Streambox. I don't have another TV with an ARC port on which to test, but I'll continue to work with it.

Thank you for all the follow-up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SourChipmunk,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you're having with the Roku streambar. Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated? (Specify)

Please make sure that all the cables are firmly attached and properly plugged in.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SourChipmunk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi John,

Yes, the cables have been properly secured each time. The buzzing is consistent until the unit is unplugged, regardless of playing media, on the home screen, or even having the TV turned on. After unplugging for a minute or so then reconnecting, the buzzing ceases for awhile, sometimes not returning for a couple days.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SourChipmunk,

Thank you for the additional information!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku streambar. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to connect the Roku streambar to another HDMI output at the back of your TV. If the problem persists, try to system restart the Roku streambar by going to settings, system, and system restart.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SourChipmunk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update: It lasted about 3 days since the last time I had to unplug for over a minute before the buzzing returned. I did as you suggested and moved it to a different (non ARC) HDMI port. The buzzing ceased, however -- as expected -- there was no sound from the TV.

I returned it to the ARC port and the buzzing returned.

I did a "reboot" on the TV itself and the buzzing stopped without having to reset the Streambox.

At this point, I am confident it is the TV causing the issue, not the Streambox. I don't have another TV with an ARC port on which to test, but I'll continue to work with it.

Thank you for all the follow-up!