Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dewood57
Channel Surfer

Buffering issue with OBS mp4 recordings played on Roku Media Player

My OBS mp4 recordings , using display capture as the source, are getting stuck buffering with little or no progress when streamed from my CPU (Windows 10) over my home wireless network to Roku Media Player. No problem with other mp4 files produced by different software (PlayOn Home) when played on Roku. I have a very reliable and strong home wireless network. My OBS output settings are: encoder = x264, rate control = CBR, bitrate = 5000, resolution = 1280 x 720, FPS = 30. Mp4 file size in the range of 1 - 2 gigabytes. I'm a novice when it comes to obs software and have tinkered some with the settings with no success. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Buffering issue with OBS mp4 recordings played on Roku Media Player

Hi @dewood57,

Thanks for posting on the Roku Community!

We're happy to assist you with your problem playing OBS MP4 recordings with Roku Media Player. Please try to remove the channel, restart your CPU, and add the channel back. In some cases, removing the channel and reinstalling it may help. Also, if you use a DLNA server that does not support transcoding or playing directly from a USB drive, you may need to convert the files first. There are several applications available for converting videos. You can check out this link here to learn more about how to use Roku Media Player to play your videos, music, and photos.

Let us know if this works for you.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos