Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
builderga

Buffering and program backs up to previously watched part.

My Roku stick works for a while. then buffers. I have to change channels and then go back to the original program. When I go back The program backs up to earlier spot in the program. When it gets to the same spot it starts buffering all over again.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Buffering and program backs up to previously watched part.

Hi @builderga,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We'd like to take action on this, but we need more details to see if there are any options that we can look further into. Refer to these questions to better identify the issue you're experiencing:

• Does the issue only occur on that specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Are you being prompted with an error message?
  • Are there any recent changes on your Roku device, perhaps in the setup or settings, that might cause the problem?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jack12
Reel Rookie

I to have my Roku buffering all the time. Its a pain in the Ass. I unplugged it, came back a few min. later and nothing changed.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jack12,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had with the Roku device since it buffers. Could you provide the following information that @RokuJechealR asked above? In addition, how far is your Roku device from your network router?

You may also want to check out this support article here for more troubleshooting steps.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos