Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sapper164
Channel Surfer

Re: Britbox wont' open on roku tv

Jump to solution

I have tried EVERY suggestion. I can't remove the app, restart the app, I've reset the TV, having to reinstall every streaming app I use, unplugged turned off and on, and repeatedly get emails from BritBox saying we've discovered the problem, (it's with ROKU,) and we're working on a fix. Meanwhile ROKU wants to sell me the new BritBox On Roku TV app....but I've got a subscription through March. Why the he// would I pay for overlaping subscriptions? Bottom line? All parties know about this issue but money is more important that customer service. 

sapper164
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did exactly the same. No help.

0 Kudos
sapper164
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same exact situation with me and all Roku rep told me is ill have to install the BRITBOX ON ROKU TV app for 899 a month...but I have an account with BRITBOX right now. She said you'll have to take that up with BRITBOX but they don't do refunds.....so WTH????

0 Kudos
sapper164
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes!!!! Looks like a ROKU issue not a BritBox issue. Tired of one hand not knowing what the other is doing.

0 Kudos
sapper164
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We've done everything suggested!!! Read the posts!!!!! We've shut off, turned on, unplugged, rebooted, uninstalled,(when possible), reinstalled, reset to factory settings, (requiring reinstalling every app), We've done EVERYTHING.  

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @sapper164,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

May we know if the issue occurs with all your devices? Also, what is your device's running OS? Lastly, have you also tried reaching out to the channel provider? You may have exhausted the troubleshooting steps, and since this is an isolated issue, getting in touch with the provider might help.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wenzen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been having this same issue for months now! And still getting billed for it… I’ve done everything I could find, including what I’ve found so far here tonite.

it’s my Fav channel & it’s really bumming me out!

in the beginning I talked w both Roku & Britbox cust service.. both blamed the other… wasn’t fixed.

and now I’ve been abit busy having surgeries.. to deal w this.

please tell me they’ve Finally figured this out??!

0 Kudos
Wenzen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The app works just fine on my other devices..: iit just will Not load on the Roku homepage. It’s obvious this is a widespread problem, and hat I would Think, after these Months of the issue, that Someone would have figured this out?!

0 Kudos
Wenzen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And as stated previously, yes, I contacted Both providers. Each blamed the other, and obviously the issue remains… months later…

It works on my iOS devices… just not on the Roku homepage, on my nice big tv. This is Really getting frustrating…

0 Kudos
R_B1

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with Britbox not loading. Very frustrating that you pay for a product and it stops working and no one has a real solution.

0 Kudos