Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thorkatla
Reel Rookie

Britbox wont' open on roku tv

Jump to solution

That didn't work for me. I also unplugged the tv and started it again. Still won't load. Starts, but then goes back to the home screen.. Roku tv

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Britbox wont' open on roku tv

Jump to solution

Hello! @wxextreme,

We are delighted to have you with us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your Roku 4. We're pleased to assist.

The device you are using can no longer support the most recent features. This means this device will no longer get new features or streaming channels, updates to existing channels, or other software-related updates. You can keep using your Roku player to stream your current channels. However, you may lose access to some channels as those channel partners update.

If you haven't already upgraded your device, you should have received an email with offers to purchase a new player at a discounted price. 

You can also access this offer by signing into your Roku account and visiting the following website here: Roku offers

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Thorkatla,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device, and we're very sorry to hear about the troubles. We recommend performing the steps below to resolve the issue.

1. Remove the Britbox channel by highlighting it and pressing the star (*) button.
2. Restart the Roku device from Settings > System > System Restart.
3. Install the Britbox channel again.

Once you have performed these steps, kindly check if you still see the issue. Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DB16

Jump to solution

I've been having the same issue since yesterday on my tv. I select an episode, but show's home screen keep refreshing without loading the episode. I've restarted Roku, and restarted the Britbox app, and shut system down and restarted. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DB16,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for the additional details about this and the attempts at troubleshooting it.

Have you tried connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, then trying again to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

If the problem still occurs after doing that, we suggest reaching out directly to the channel support team to see what they can suggest and get further assistance with it.

The channel provider oversees and updates the majority of Roku's channels. Once there is an isolated case on a channel that is not affecting the rest, This is likely where the problem lies within it.

Keep us posted on what you find out so that we can continue assisting you from there.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thorkatla
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately that was the very first thing I did.

I uninstalled it. Reinstalled it. Nothing. It goes back to home page.

I turned off the tv and unplugged it again and nothing.. still goes to home screen.

I removed it, turned off the tv, reinstalled... goes back to homepage .. won't load

I went back to factory settings and went through the entire process of set up.. installed it.. it won't load. Goes back to home screen.

any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Thorkatla
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think that's my next step. I use britbox on several other devices on the same network.  Could it be a problem with the wi fi hooking up to the TV?

0 Kudos
Wendizzle

Jump to solution

I have the same issue; Britbox will not load on my Roku device on my TV.  I have the Roku Smart Soundbar Model 9101X. I have tried all the solutions I've read about in the Roku Community. I have tried updating the Britbox app and updating the Roku system. I've deleted Britbox and then updated the Roku system. I've tried restarting the Roku system and then reinstalling Britox. It is always the same and has been for at least three weeks; it starts to open, and after 3 seconds, the screen returns to the Roku home page.

I did get the Issue Report Tracker - Software version 12.0.0 build 4184-95

GC version 9.4.20  Issue ID: 31-276-573

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Thorkatla @Wendizzle,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

You seem to have taken a lot of troubleshooting steps. We suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there's anything that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
PG4359
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Britbox has repeatedly stated that they have sent the fix to you. 

sapper164
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have been dealing with this for several weeks. At first Roku tells me, well since you have an ongoing subscription it's BritBoxes problem. BritBox says uninstall....blah blah blah. BritBox says it's identified the issue....weeks ago. I cannot uninstall/reinstall the app, I cannot get a refund on the subscription to apply to a new subscription of "BritBox on the Roku Channel" it will expire in March. What gives? I've unplugged, replugged, turned off, turned on, cussed, prayed, endless emails from BritBox and Roku? Well we don't have anything to do with your subscription Wayne, you'll have to let BritBox fix it....but you can buy this new BritBox on Roku. But you'll be paying twice until march....

I'm tired of the BS. Even if I attempt to uninstall the app to say piss off I'm done, I CANT DO THAT. IVE PAID FOR A SUBSCRIPTION AND I CANT WATCH THE CHANNEL.

OH and ive been waitng for Roku to update the Rugby Channel app....ROKU. Ive about had it....

Thanks for nothing.

I

0 Kudos