Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Britbox wont' open on roku tv

Jump to solution

Hi @R_B1,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the playback issue with the channel. Have you tried following the troubleshooting steps on our support page to see if it helps resolve the issue? How to resolve a channel playback issue

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions on the link, videos from other channels play fine. Contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aggie000

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue on all my devices and nothing resolves the issue! I am tired of paying for a subscription that is NOT working! The only option I have is to cancel it for now until either Roku  or Britbox figures this out!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We apologize for this experience, @aggie000.

May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Have you tried removing, restarting the TV, and adding this channel already? Also, have you tried reaching out to the channel provider as well? We highly recommend doing this first, as they may be able to provide initial troubleshooting steps to sort out this concern.

You can keep us updated on what you have found out so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GKuhm

Jump to solution

It isn't just BritBox that won't open.

We also subscribe to MAX ( used to be HBO) through Roku, guess what.... IT DOESN'T OPEN EITHER. 

The common denominator in this situation... ROKU.

So don't send me to the channels for answers. 

I have done EVERYTHING you have previously advised on my own AND with a Roku customer service tech on the phone.

My issue was supposedly kicked "upstairs"... that was three days ago. Still NOTHING. 

After 10 days of being unable to watch my shows...I am about ready to request a refund on these subscriptions (paid through 6/24) and toss the Roku boxes in the trash.

I will NEVER subscribe to channels through a third part provider again.

G. Kuhm

0 Kudos
tljplb

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issues. Got a year's gift subscription for my dad, but I can't even download the app to the Roku homepage. I get giant message that says, "Cannot access program." I've rebooted, restarted Roku system. Updated software. I just spent about 45 mins in chat with BritBox. Very nice. Not very helpful. They said they get back to me. UGH!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @tljplb @Bubbaman1980,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about this. We'll be glad to assist you with accessing the BritBox channel on your Roku device. Kindly try going to this link here. Sign in to your Roku account and browse the categories and genres, or search to find the specific app and select details to learn more about the app.

If the issue persists, you can try to factory reset your Roku device, but you'll have to set up your account again if you do that.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wxextreme

Jump to solution

I have also tried everything you suggested and BritBox won't open on my Roku 4. It works find on all of my other devices. I hope that Roku can find a fix.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @wxextreme,

We are delighted to have you with us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your Roku 4. We're pleased to assist.

The device you are using can no longer support the most recent features. This means this device will no longer get new features or streaming channels, updates to existing channels, or other software-related updates. You can keep using your Roku player to stream your current channels. However, you may lose access to some channels as those channel partners update.

If you haven't already upgraded your device, you should have received an email with offers to purchase a new player at a discounted price. 

You can also access this offer by signing into your Roku account and visiting the following website here: Roku offers

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DrPaS

Jump to solution

I am getting the same runaround. I get a gift subscription each year as a Christmas present. Last year I suddenly wasn't able to watch britbox on my TVs with the Roku devices. I got a message that my subscription had expired. I paid for a subscription directly with Roku and later realized I had two paid subscriptions. I cancelled the one paid through Roku and was able to watch Britbox. I activated my new subscription in March (the gift subscription directly with Britbox) in March but keep getting prompted on Roku to pay for a subscription with them. I have talked to people with both Roku and Britbox. Each says the issue is with the other company. Bottom line - I have a paid subscription that I cannot watch on any of our TV's which are connected to Roku devices. I could watch Britbox on my computer or phone but that's not what I want to do. If anyone has a solution please let me know 

0 Kudos