Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HighSierraYeti
Reel Rookie

Bandwidth saver off not working

I do not have limitations on my data. I intentionally leave my TV on for the period of time I’m away so my dogs can have some noise to distract them from other things. When I first turned off the bandwidth saver, the tv and the Roku app stayed on. Now, even though the bandwidth saver is still set to off, I come home after 3 hours and the tv and roku box are off???

I want it to stay on 24/7 unless I choose to shut it off… how???

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bandwidth saver off not working

@HighSierraYeti-

What channel are you leaving on for your dogs?  Some channels have their own "are you still watching" features.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
HighSierraYeti
Reel Rookie

It’s Roku’s streaming app and I just chose 30 Rock. That first day 30 Rock was playing all the way to episode 13 through the day, after that I only get about 4-5 before it shuts off. When I get home it’s all off.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @HighSierraYeti

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos