Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tudorviewer
Level 7

Re: Audio sync issue when watching Amazon Prime

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra that I specifically bought to have Atmos sound.   So setting the sound to stereo does not seem a solution

I have sent an ticket to Roku and am waiting for the reply

Are there any other suggestions other than send the stick back to Amazon??

0 Kudos
rpaulmason
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree— this only started happening on both of my Roku 2XDs a month or so ago. It’s only happening on Prime, not on Netflix, PBS or any other streaming source.  Since we watch a lot of Brit shows and my partner especially has difficulty with the audio on those, it’s making watching these extremely difficult.

ive tried many of the suggestions made already to no avail.

0 Kudos
Tudorviewer
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am now more convinced this is a Prime problem.  I get delay when watching Prime Video movie on the Roku but also on Chromecast and on Smart TV.  Lots of people complaining on the Net with things like Xbox.

Roku support went through the motions with me. I am hoping that they might communicate with Amazon.

0 Kudos
nv1
Level 9

Jump to solution

It's not only on Prime. Some (not all) programs on other apps are out of sync too. On the Roku channel, for example, The Barbara Stanwyck Show was in sync when I started watching in October, but it went WAY out of sync a couple of months ago and has stayed that way. Movies on various channels, like TCM or Criterion, may or may not be in sync. But yes, Prime is consistently the worst. Maybe Amazon is trying to run Roku out of business.  

0 Kudos
pointyskull
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just started noticing the sync issue on Prime content - and it has been bugging me.

Just tried the 'unplug the HDMI and plug it back in' trick and that worked.

A thousand thanks....

0 Kudos