Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrandyPuff

Audio stuttering or no audio on one TV only while streaming MPEG-TS Recorded TV videos

I have two Roku Ultra's of similar age and two different brands and age TV's.  When i stream recorded TV show videos (using a Serviio DLNA server) recorded in the MPEG-TS format to one TV via ROKU's Media app, audio and video works fine. However, on my older TV, I either get stuttering audio or no audio depending on what audio settings i use. It plays the video OK so it's an audio issue only. This TV is at least 10 years old. I tried the HDMI cable that works on the other TV but it didn't help. I also tried a different HDMI port, no joy.

The audio format of the transcoded TS video files is: 224kbs, 48khz, AC-3 (Dolby Surround)(Dolby Digital) according to the MediaInfo app. It will play videos that are encoded with AAC audio OK.

The only thing I can think of is that it's the TV that's the problem. Does that make any sense?

0 Kudos