Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Birdbrain74
Channel Surfer

Audio out of sync; started with v11.0.0

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Premier and it just today started having audio lag behind video.

* Occurs on all channels

* Noticed that even the clicking sounds for the remote (e.g., menu navigation, entering password, etc.) lags behind, i.e., the issue is beyond watching video

* Tried suggestions I’ve seen elsewhere including: disabling volume leveling, factory reset, restart router, etc.

* While looking at settings noticed there was a software update yesterday to v11.0.0; first time I used the device since the update.

Any suggestions appreciated as I no longer can watch TV.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Birdbrain74
Channel Surfer

Re: Audio out of sync; started with v11.0.0; xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jump to solution

@Ello2022 

Thank you for the suggestion and comments.

Had already tried powering off and on, but that didn’t help.

My guess is it had to do with the Roku, not the router / connection, because there was a sound lag just navigating the menu. Also was suspicious because x.0 releases (of any software) are often buggy.

I use past tense because, for whatever reason, all works perfectly today even though I tried nothing new.

Re: volume leveling…found this in many online forums and some folks found it helped, so it didn’t seem like it would hurt to try. But yes, didn’t help in my case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Audio sync issues are common in the streaming world. Unplug your Roku, modem and router for 60 seconds. Then plug everything back in. Wait for all your devices to sync back up. Disableling volume leveling has nothing to do with your issue. Not sure where you read that 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Birdbrain74 

Which Roku Premiere do you have? Model number can be found at Settings > System > About

Are you using a WiFi Direct or IR remote? While all the Premiere models came with an IR remote, they will work with WiFi Direct remotes, such as the Voice Remote or Voice Remote Pro.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Helpmeplease3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just started having the same issue. I found topics for help with soundbar and such but for just the player box. If I go to a channel like Netflix on my t.v. remote all okay, if I try that channel or any others from roku it is awful. My t.v. has a lip sync adjusterbut it did not help. 

0 Kudos
Helpmeplease3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ello2022 that worked! Unplugged it for 60 seconds, lip sync now perfect on all channels! Thank you! 

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Helpmeplease3  Your welcome 

0 Kudos
Birdbrain74
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Ello2022 

Thank you for the suggestion and comments.

Had already tried powering off and on, but that didn’t help.

My guess is it had to do with the Roku, not the router / connection, because there was a sound lag just navigating the menu. Also was suspicious because x.0 releases (of any software) are often buggy.

I use past tense because, for whatever reason, all works perfectly today even though I tried nothing new.

Re: volume leveling…found this in many online forums and some folks found it helped, so it didn’t seem like it would hurt to try. But yes, didn’t help in my case.

0 Kudos
Pbundy4807

Re: Audio out of sync; started with v11.0.0

Jump to solution

We are having this issue but only on 4K content. The sound is in sync and fine initially, but after a few seconds the sound will mute and come back up lagging badly. I have restarted the device, the sound bar, exited the app, cut the sound bar off and on with the video running and paused. Both ways will correct the issue for a few seconds. Then it goes mute abs comes ba k up lagging again. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pbundy4807

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Please help.