Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intrepidnewby
Channel Surfer

Audio drop out Roku Express

Brand new device. Audio drops out every 10 - 20 minutes on all channels for a few seconds - extremely annoying and completely ruins the streaming experience.

Roku next to router, signal strength excellent, no issues with internet as was recently fixed.

Don’t get audio drop out on my smart Blu-ray player, it’s definitely the Roku.

Tried all the usual “fixes” i.e factory reset, swapping HDMI cable and ports. It’s connected to an old Panasonic LCD TV - read another post which suggested that Roku wasn’t compatible with older TVs but I thought the whole point of a Roku device was that it was designed for older TVs with HDMI connections.

Here is the issue report tracker info:

Model: 3930EU - Roku Express

Serial number: X004005S90L5 (S01V314S90L5)

Software version: 12.5.5 build 4174-AE

GC version: 11.3.24

Timestamp: 2024-04-17T21:44:32Z

Issue ID L5-155-384

It’s still under warranty, so if I don’t get a satisfactory response or fix I’ll return it to the retailer and switch to a Firestick or Apple TV instead.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio drop out Roku Express

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, @Intrepidnewby!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming. We appreciate you providing precise information regarding the audio issues you are currently experiencing with your Roku Express.

In this case, we will coordinate with the appropriate Roku team to determine the cause and investigate your device further. Once we receive any updates, we will inform you promptly. 

In the meantime, we appreciate the steps you've taken to troubleshoot your device and your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Intrepidnewby
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your reply.

Here are three issue id codes that my unit has reported today.

ID LD-156-410 

ID LD-156-539 

ID LD-156-833

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us updated, @Intrepidnewby.

Rest assured that we have already forwarded the information you have provided above and please be informed that you don't need to provide us with Issue IDs anymore as we only need and have collected one. 

We're grateful for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Intrepidnewby
Channel Surfer

Any news on this issue?

Should I be returning my unit because it’s faulty?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Intrepidnewby,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

Currently, our appropriate Roku team is still investigating this issue that you're having with the Roku Express.

We really appreciate your extended understanding and patience.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos