Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dn082047
Reel Rookie

Audio delay for five to ten seconds after pauses

I have a Roku stick. Last week it started where after I pause a show/movie and then press play to restart, there is no audio for 5-10 seconds. I have the most updated software and have done system restarts.  Nothing has worked. This happens on multiple platforms - Netflix, Hulu, Apple. 

0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Audio delay for five to ten seconds after pauses

@Dn082047-

Have you tried restarting your Roku?

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" under "Settings > Sytem > Power", or if you have no Power option, under "Settings > System".

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Dn082047
Reel Rookie

Yes, I have.  Multiple times.  It has not fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dn082047,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Do you have another TV? Try using this device to see if there's any difference. Also, is this an intermittent issue, or does it happen very often?

Please let us know more about this so that we can further look into it.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Dn082047-

I have 3 Roku Streaming Sticks (a 3600 in addition to what is listed in my signature) and none of them have ever exhibited a similar problem.

What model and model number is yours?   Settings > System > About will show you model name and number.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
bigboab5
Binge Watcher

I have the exact same problem, at the start of each show the audio stops for about 5 to 10 secs, out of ok through the white show until I go to the next episode and the same thing happens.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bigboab5,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Could you provide us with more details about your concern? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Does the issue only occur on that specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

On the other hand, have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? To restart, please navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. Let us know what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bigboab5
Binge Watcher

Hi there,

Ìt seems to happen on all the apps I use between each show when it changes from the end of 1 episode to the start of the next episode. The sound just stops. It def happens on Paramount Plus, prime, and Netflix. Also seems to happen on you tube. Ie at the start of a video. 

Yes I have restarted the Roku. I have also watched the same shows streaming via my LG TV streaming channel, ie without the use of the Roku,b and there is no issue. Hope that makes sense. I have also changed the audio format on both tv and Roku from auto to Dolby.

Bob

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bigboab5,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with the audio delay on your Roku device. Do you have any other device(s) connected to your TV? (e.g., speakers and another sound system)

Kindly try restarting your network router, for this helps in clearing the cache, improving internet speeds, and refreshing the connection.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bigboab5
Binge Watcher

Hey there,

I have nothing else connected to my TV except a Blu-ray player, which is very seldom used.

For further info.

It is almost brand new Roku, just bought it before Christmas during the Black Fri sales.

Model 4801RW TOKU ULTRA

SOFTWARE 1.2.5.5 build 4274-DE

Thanks. Bob

0 Kudos