Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeachBum44
Reel Rookie

Audio Lag on Hulu on Streaming Stick + and on Roku Ultra

I have a Hisense brand Roku TV with the exact same problem. WiFi is always fast, never has issues on any device, every other app works flawlessly, Hulu Live audio gets out of sync but only when returning from an ad break. It makes it unwatchable. I've tried all the tricks (except ethernet because that is not an option for me, even temporarily) but none work permeantly. My only solution is to leave the broadcast and return after every commercial break, which is annoying to say the least. My specs are as follows

Hisense Model: 6Series-43

Hardware ID: G208X

TV Software version: 11.5.0 Build 4312-CH

Hulu Version: 6.70 Build 2

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio Lag on Hulu on Streaming Stick + and on Roku Ultra

Hi @BeachBum44,

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with audio sync on the Hulu channel. 

Upon looking into the issue, It looks like your Roku TV is currently on the older OS 11.5. Please be advised that the issue you are experiencing will be resolved with the latest OS 12.0. We are currently in the process of still rolling out the newest OS to Roku devices and TVs. 

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding. 

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BeachBum44
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the response. It is nice to know that this thread is monitored and that the issue is being worked on.

0 Kudos
Stevepariseau
Reel Rookie

I have the 12.0 version on my TCL Roku 65" TV and it HAS NOT resolved the lagging issue.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Stevepariseau,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing this information. Since you have the software version 12.0, we recommend following these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device.
  2. Restart the Roku device from Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Install the channel again.

After this step, check if you're still experiencing the issue. If it persists, let us know, and we'll continue to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stevepariseau
Reel Rookie

I will give that a try.

0 Kudos
panaxdave
Channel Surfer

Did all that... Still getting lag after commercials. 

0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

hmm, still got the problem even after removing, rebooting reinstalling. AND it is now worse, now Hulu will just exit back to the home screen after an hour or so, sometimes 1 hour sometime 3.

This only seems to happen on the local live channels as does the audio lag when returening from ads on certain cable live channels. I do not get the error on any of my roku devices when watching nonlive huilu content or on any other app..

This happens also now on my roku 3(5000) all 3 of my roku 4 ultimates and on my roku soundbar. It did not used to happen on my roku 3 as it is not connected to a 4k tv, it is running at 720p on a 13inch old flat screen in my garage, but it started doing it about a week or so ago on that as well..

I won't be able to do any more testing for about 3 weeks as I will be traveling around canada till the 5th of july...

http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

this happens on only live channels, for me it is on discovery(all of them), history(all of them), byron allens comedy channel, all the gameshow channels, all the food network channels.

the problem appears during a commercial break, it will cut to a commercial there will be no sound for 5-10 seconds of the commercial (somethimes its the not the first one sometimes the second or third), once you get that loss of audio for 5-10 seconds during the commercial break when it returns to the normal channel the audio and video are out of synch, the audio will be behind by about 2-5 seconds..

The quick fix (though very annoying) is to hit rewind then play and it catches right back up in synch after every single commercial break.

Also I noticed recently that the issue will compound... that is: program goes to comercial you get the 2-5 second no sound, then is normal, goes back to normal programing and the audio is 2-5 seconds out of synch. you goto commercial get another 2-5 second no sound delay on one or more of the comercials, comes back to normal programming you now will have a 4-10 second out of synch issue.. while doing paperwork for an hour os so, the audio was actually more then 30 seconds laggin behind the video, but the commercials do not lag just 2-5 seconds of no audio at all on at least one commercial every break...

In addition, in the last week or two, hulu will now exit at random times to the home screen when watching any live channel for more then an hour or up to three... seems live sports like the phillies or WWE it never happens, but things like the even news or cobert or any of the cable channels it will just drop to the home screen of the roku exiting hulu..

I do have my setting to not save bandwidth and ask if Im still here...

ALso, there are several channels on Hulu that are also on the Roku channel, on Hulu we get the laggy issue, on those same channels we do no the roku channel and also on Amzon prime video it does not happen...

I even tried it with one channel where we did one roku on hulu live and one roku on the roku channel watching the same exact stream and it only happened on hulu.

http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
panaxdave
Channel Surfer

I have also noticed that mine would jump back to the home screen randomly. I thought it was because Hulu was crashing but I'm not sure that's the case. 

0 Kudos