Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brettcar10

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

Me too!  I get the HDCP errors and follow the instructions only to come back again. What gives ROKU?

Ed54
Channel Surfer

I don't see error message. My Roku ultra reboots about every twenty minutes. Aggravating the **bleep** out ofe. Started after update i think. 

4800x Roku ultra 

Ser. Number x01000wh7fyy

S02a215h7fyy

2022 05 10t17:40:12z

YY-186-820

PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
Pungh0Li0
Channel Surfer

Y'all need to try disabling Auto Power Save mode.

That caused my HDCP error to return any time it was idle 20 minutes.

0 Kudos
_Chris_

Same issue here.   I've tried every solution I can find on the internet. My problem is not consistent.  The error is on every morning and some evenings.  My roku express 4k work flawlessly for 5 months but now I can't make it go away

HELP! 

0 Kudos
JAZ429

Having the same problem!

I’ve had a Roku Ultra for almost a year, it’s worked totally fine with no trouble. Suddenly I keep getting all these HDCP error messages, and it won’t work unless I unplug the HDMI and plug it back in. Then it works fine for a day or two, and it happens again. It’s very frustrating!

I don’t know if it matters, but the box says the SKU is 4800R, and the serial number is S02A215EMUN4

The software is supposedly up to date.

0 Kudos
_Chris_

This is nearly identical to my own experience.   My device works great - as long as I reset and/or unplug it every time I turn on the TV.  I have reset everything that can be, replaced the hdmi cable so on & so forth.  I've been trolling this thread for a while now and many, many people are having the same experience. It appears this is waaay more common than I thought. I don't want it replaced i merely want it to work with no fuss. Will roku replace my current  express 4k? Is there a solution? What's the solution?  

0 Kudos
dfpollard
Reel Rookie

Turning off auto power save worked for me! 

0 Kudos
jkj1142

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device? Yes

Model: 3940RW

device: SO7R5131YUJF

software: 11.0.0

I have followed the steps and still receive HDCP error.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing HDCP errors, please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  5. TV make and model

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
miadlor
Streaming Star

Roku has more than enough info at this point. Just fix it.