Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bogey62
Binge Watcher

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

I have been using my two Roku 4800X models for almost a year with zero issues.

Over the past few days I started getting the HDCP error screen with error code 020 on the bedroom TV.

The unit also started telling me it can't output to 1080p and falls back to 720p!!!

I have already followed the troubleshooting section several times. It fixes the issue for a few shows and then it pops up again.

This is ridiculous. I'm not going to disconnect everything several times a day!

I have swapped out the HDMI cable for two different ones and I have tried both HDMI ports on the TV. I even swapped Roku units from the livingroom to the bedroom. Same annoying issue!

The units will also go to the screensaver for a while, but after a certain amount of time they completely shut off.

Also, when I first turn the TV on, the Roku used to be already on, but now it's powered off and the TV has no signal until the Roku powers up after I press the button on the remote for a second time. This never happened until recently. The same time as the 020 error is when the power down issues started too.

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial: X010009FUS54

Software: 10.5.0 - Build 4191-C2

Device ID: SO2A20AFUS54

Issue ID: 54-438-601

0 Kudos
Troyster
Channel Surfer

They won't answer or have a solution.  And there is no on-line support for this model.  The only "fix" is to unplug/plug back in.  Even my first generation ROKU still works well; problem is some apps are no longer supported.  No help here 😞

0 Kudos
utelore
Reel Rookie

Roku is now horrid, no one is willing to help with the HDCP errors

0 Kudos
utelore
Reel Rookie

Re: !!!!HDCP PLEASE FIX ROKU !!!!

Time to dump the Roku and move to Amazon product

bobcat1
Binge Watcher

I thought I had fixed my problem buying a 4k-8k HDMI cable. I posted the cure a while back. well guess what last night while watching Netflix "Squid Games" up pops HDCP error for about 3 seconds. Then again after about 5 minutes for about 10 seconds. ROKU can you PLEASE fix this annoying issue or at least advise all of us with a product that works with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos!! I have 4 ROKUS and only the latest 4800x is a problem.(once again Roku 4800x hard wired(ethernet ) LG oled C-8 TV Denon AVR X3500H .the following info for Roku

4800x , Software 10.10.10 serial# X01000VAEXJA Build 4209-C2 ID Z02A215AEXJA  PLEASE FIX!!

0 Kudos
loisdeboid
Channel Surfer

No, but I am seeing them on my model 4800X Ultra as of about 4 days ago. However, when I press the > button (or any button, I think), it goes to the home screen and works just fine. Device ID 502A213GGXEO, Software version 10.5.0 build 4198-C2. 

0 Kudos
Whitefalcon
Reel Rookie

I just bought the Roku Ultra and have a half smart 2012 Vizio flat screen with HDMI. I got Roku setup and installed fine. Home screen came up, connected my subscriptions then went to play Netflix and as soon as I hit the enter button to ploy a series episode the 020 error screen comes up. I tried the unplug everything and it worked...Until I shut off the TV and went back later on. Roku boots up fine but when I tap on content to watch the 020 screen appears until I repeat the unplug/plug back in process. Am I doomed to have to do this every time I want to watcha show? Please tell me you have a fix or patch. Not a great experience trying to cut the cable cord. Please help. Thank you....

0 Kudos
Troyster
Channel Surfer

Nothing works.  I bought 3 to upgrade my first generation Rokus (which worked without fail) because they no longer supported some apps.  Of the 3, only one works on a 10 year old SONY.

silkenstrand
Reel Rookie

My TV is only 3 yrs old. Good luck getting any help from Roku on this too. They don't care, they already have our money.

RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @Whitefalcon @Troyster @silkenstrand

Thanks for the post.
We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you.
Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos