Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffS4947
Channel Surfer

Re: Apps keep crashing since update.

Hi @RokuCarly - I did and they said it's with you guys! They said roku is reporting a global issues with all their devices. So you guys need to look into the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JeffS4947,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Fido and Genesis Science Network channels. Help is here. Please try these steps:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the issue still persists, please also check out this support article on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please let us know how it goes.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JeffS4947
Channel Surfer

@RokuCarly- I did that 100x's. Still the same problem. It's your platform that is messed up. Your tech dept. need to work on a fix and then send it out to All the roku tv and devices. Cause both GSN and FidoTv have responded to me. They both said its an issue with roku and it's a global issue. So it's not them but with roku itself.

Jeff

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JeffS4947,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to look further into the issue you're experiencing with Fido TV and Genesis Science Network, but we will need more details. What error message or code are you getting after trying to connect to your network? (After entering the network credentials) Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
trohr

I have been having the same issues. Mostly it is with Netflix - which freezes and kicks me out frequently anyway. For the last month, it continuously kicks me back to the home screen when I try to start a show. Recently Amazon has started doing the same thing. I thought it was because my tv is older, but my new tv is having the same issues.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @trohr,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

You can refer to the provided troubleshooting steps by @RokuJohnB found at the top and check if this will resolve your Netflix channel playback issue. Furthermore, you can visit our support page here to learn more on how to resolve a channel playback issue.
Let us know what you find out, and we'd be happy to assist you further.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Csook

I have read all of the people posting about this issue. I have been having the same issue with HGTV. And unfortunately I have not seen one person from ROKU sympathize or acknowledge that there is something going wrong on Rokus end….disappointing…..and the remove restart add app back doesn’t work so you might want to stop giving that advice. Very frustrating 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Csook,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'll be more than happy to investigate the problem you're experiencing. Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is it isolated to one content or channel? (Specify) Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play content?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MSPACK08
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issues with my Disney plus, Bet+ and Amazon prime channels not working. I've tried everything you can think of to resolve the issues including contacting the channels and they say it's not an issue on their end. It's frustrating that roku doesn't seem to care or have a solution to the problem with their devices causing multiple people to have the same issue. 

0 Kudos

I have been having problems keeping newsmax on, it keeps shutting down. I have tried all instructions to help me get it back but nothing works.    I can still watch it if I go to HAYSTACK, load that channel (it is free).   Then I go to LIVE on their settings and I can find NEWSMAX.

0 Kudos