Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffS4947
Channel Surfer

Apps keep crashing since update.

I seem to have the a problem. Ever since the update my apps keeps crashing and going back to the home screen. I took pictures of the information you need. Please do respond.

24 REPLIES 24
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apps keep crashing since update.

Hi @JeffS4947,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We would like to know more about how we can help. Could you please tell us more about the issue you're having? What channels are affected, and what are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you better.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JeffS4947
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuTakashi 

I have the same issue as the original poster. Ever since I updated my roku device. Two of my apps keep crashing. I took pictures of the information that you guys will need but I'll need a email to send them. Anyway, whenever I try to play the FidoTv app or the GSN (Genesis Science Network) app. They both keep crashing and returning to the home screen. Please do reply and help me fix this issue. I tried removing both of the apps, then rebooting the roku device, and then re-installing both of them. Still the same result, they both crash.

Issue Report Tracker:

Model: 3920X - Roku Premiere

Serial Number: YH00FF531762 (K4209F531762)

Software Version: 12.0.0 . Build 4184-91

GC Version: 9.4.521

Timestamp: 2023-07-16T15:26:26Z

ID: 62-283-166

FidoTv:

Version 1.2 . Build 32

Genesis Science Network:

Version 1.2 . Build 4

Jeff

0 Kudos
Patituma

I have the exact problem with both my JVC TV with built in ROKU and my ROKU HDMI stick on another smart tv.  I tried restarting, reinstalling and updating- no help

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JeffS4947,

Thanks for keeping us posted here at the Roku Community!

May we know if this issue only occurs on the Fido TV and GSN app? If so, we highly suggest you contact the channel provider's Customer Support team directly. Since this is an isolated case involving the Fido TV and GSN apps exclusively, we strongly advise that you contact their customer Support team for further assistance and clarification.
Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. 

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Patituma 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching us here regarding your concern. Can you please clarify the issue you're referring to so that we may be able to provide you with an accurate resolution possible?

Looking forward to your response!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bygjymbo

I'm having the same issue. Two channels crash, even after complete reinstall of everything. Different hardware than the other posts.

TCL model: 32s335
Hardware ID: 8122X
Software Version: 12.0.0 Build 4182-48
Device ID: NSN23R728578

The two apps that crash are:

Genesis Science Network
Channel Version: 1.2.4. GC 9.4.521

Amazing Discoveries

Channel Version: 1.2.4. GC 9.4.521

0 Kudos
enndot
Reel Rookie

The same thing happening here. This has been since last year, when I started getting overheating error messages on the screen. I was sent another extender and that got rid of the messages, but the inability to load channels, the blackout screens when attempting to open channels, if channel opens, the blackout screen then reverts back to roku theme page after every episode or the episodes won't load/play, they just crash and return to theme page. The older devices don't seem to be having these issues. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bygjymbo,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Genesis Science Network and Amazing Discoveries channels. We're happy to help. If the issue persists on one channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @enndot,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to look further into the issue you're experiencing with your Roku device, but we will need some information. What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV) What are the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos