Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cynb
Binge Watcher

Apple TV+ subscription not working on Roku devices

Jump to solution

I have 2 identical Roku hookups, one on a 10 year old Samsung and one on a newer LG tv. Apple TV will not playback on the LG tv. It errors out every time. I've checked for updates, etc. Very frustrating. All other channels I stream are fine. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apple TV+ subscription not working on Roku devices

Jump to solution

Hi, @cynb

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern about Apple TV having playback issues, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Let's troubleshoot this issue since this is happening only to one of your Roku devices. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

Once performed, kindly check if you notice any improvements. Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @delizaf!

We will be pleased to assist you with adding the Apple TV+ app to your channel lineup.

After searching for the Apple TV+ on your TV, kindly press the OK button on your remote, and there should be an option to "Add app." If there isn't any, could you please try to perform a system reboot by navigating to your Home screen? Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > System restart. After doing so, highlight the Apple TV+ and then press the star* button on your remote to update the app. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes, and we'll go from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @cynb

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern about Apple TV having playback issues, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Let's troubleshoot this issue since this is happening only to one of your Roku devices. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

Once performed, kindly check if you notice any improvements. Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
delizaf
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry to hijack your question. I had a similar problem. I tried all these steps to fix it, it didn't work, and now I can't add my apple tv+ icon back on to the roku menu. It's not in the streaming store- but it is in the "search" function, so it still exists, but how do I "add" it back to the main menu?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @delizaf!

We will be pleased to assist you with adding the Apple TV+ app to your channel lineup.

After searching for the Apple TV+ on your TV, kindly press the OK button on your remote, and there should be an option to "Add app." If there isn't any, could you please try to perform a system reboot by navigating to your Home screen? Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > System restart. After doing so, highlight the Apple TV+ and then press the star* button on your remote to update the app. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes, and we'll go from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
delizaf
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Carly,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I tried this before and again now, unfortunately it doesn't work.  Apple TV+ doesn't appear in the channel store, and when I highlight the app (I go to search, it appears there) I press the star* button, and nothing happens.  I can't "add" the channel, although it clearly is installed.  I have never had a problem adding other channels before.  

0 Kudos
cynb
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It did work for me. Yay.

0 Kudos
cynb
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Worked perfectly for me, Takashi. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @delizaf.

Have you tried to scroll to the very bottom part of your channel lineup on your Home screen to see if it's there? Usually, when you remove an app and add it back again, it will appear at the bottom part of your channel lineup.

Let us know what you find out, and we'll go from there. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
delizaf
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks!  This worked.  I assumed it had not been added back, because it wouldn't let me add it.  

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know, @delizaf.

We are happy to hear that you've got it all figured out. 

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, feel free to create a new thread for different concerns, and we'd be more than happy to continue helping you the best way we can. 

Happy Streaming!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos