Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPH1

Antenna tv info bar pops up after 1 min

When I change to a new channel after 1 minute the info bar at the bottom not the menu bar but the info bar pops up and stays up for about 15 seconds and then goes away. It does this every time I change channels. A one minute pause and then the info bar pops up. This seems to have happened at the last Roku update. Currently on 10.5.0 build 4210-94

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Antenna tv info bar pops up after 1 min

@JPH1 

You have described it accurately and think you have it right as others have realized it seemed to begin during a 10.5 built update that attempted to fix a graphical signal meter bar error.  Basically fixed one problem and created another.  Seems limited to the OTA (over the air) channels on different RokuTVs. (Certainly TCL and Insignia).

Only way to get rid of the overlay quicker (rather than wait for 15 secs) is to press the OK button on your Roku remote after it appears.  Hoping OS 11 may resolve it, but who knows.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
JPH1

My TV is a Hisense. I had a feeling an update might be the solution. I hope Roku development is aware of the problem.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@JPH1 

There are a few different threads over in the RokuTV section of the forum.  I know the Roku employees were tagged in a couple of them.  Some noticed issue in Jan on the TCL, I only noticed on my Insignia a couple of weeks ago.  I guess Hisense is now affected as well. (I dont remember seeing that before, but may be mistaken.)

Some other threads...

(https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Roku-TV-OTA-Antenna-Signal-Strength-Is-Working-Again/m-p/7...)

(https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/TV-Guide-driving-me-crazy/m-p/77...)

Reminding @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , @RokuKariza-D issue still exists and maybe they have more info re: an updated status.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos