Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gigi9
Reel Rookie

Antenna Channels dissapears everytime I turn the TV Off. I have to rescan every time.

Jump to solution

The topic explains what is happening.   I have no such box. Whenever I turn off the TV, I lose all my antenna channels, so I have to rescan for them to come back.  I have searched everywhere to resolve this.  I noticed that a guy online who addresses issue with Roku TV,  actually had a box that said Antenna Channels.  I have no such box.  Not sure if this is the problem.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Antenna Channels dissapears everytime I turn the TV Off. I have to rescan every time.

Jump to solution

Hi @Gigi9,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

After successfully scanning channels on your antenna. You can try to change your power-on options in the settings to be prompted directly to your last watch. You can follow the steps below to fix this concern:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. System
  3. Power
  4. Power on
  5. Set to Live TV or Last used TV input.

Also, if you're not seeing the antenna shortcut tile on your home screen, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input.
Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Antenna Channels dissapears everytime I turn the TV Off. I have to rescan every time.

Jump to solution

@Gigi9 

"I noticed that a guy online who addresses issue with Roku TV,  actually had a box that said Antenna Channels.  I have no such box.  Not sure if this is the problem."

This "box" is actually a Home Screen Input/tile.  This Input is named "LiveTV" by default.  Go to Settings/TV Inputs/Manage Channels/[Rename] and then rename this LiveTV Input to "Antenna" (or whatever you like).

If it still is not showing on your Home Screen, go back to Settings/TV Inputs and scroll down to "Inputs not being Used" and then select "Setup Input".  (Again, it is labeled LiveTV by default).

Then, whenever you want to watch your Antenna/OTA/local channels, make sure you select this Home Screen Antenna Input/tile.  Do not select the LiveTV from the left side menu. (that is Streaming Channels only).

-----

If when you select the Antenna Input from the Home Screen you are seeing Streaming Channels listed as well, you can hide those if you wish by going into Settings/TV Input/Manage Channels/Hide Streaming Channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
edroksense
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Provide two antennas at different locations and orientations. Switch the antenna if the other antenna is not working or no signal is coming. I suggest flat ( 4" x 6" ) hd antenna one indoor taped to the window glass and one outdoor free from obstruction, provide coaxial cable if needed. You need not scan every time and do not change the location of antenna after you found the best signal coming to live tv.

The best location is facing to the location of tv tower - search online where is it at your location.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Gigi9,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

After successfully scanning channels on your antenna. You can try to change your power-on options in the settings to be prompted directly to your last watch. You can follow the steps below to fix this concern:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. System
  3. Power
  4. Power on
  5. Set to Live TV or Last used TV input.

Also, if you're not seeing the antenna shortcut tile on your home screen, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input.
Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gigi9 

"I noticed that a guy online who addresses issue with Roku TV,  actually had a box that said Antenna Channels.  I have no such box.  Not sure if this is the problem."

This "box" is actually a Home Screen Input/tile.  This Input is named "LiveTV" by default.  Go to Settings/TV Inputs/Manage Channels/[Rename] and then rename this LiveTV Input to "Antenna" (or whatever you like).

If it still is not showing on your Home Screen, go back to Settings/TV Inputs and scroll down to "Inputs not being Used" and then select "Setup Input".  (Again, it is labeled LiveTV by default).

Then, whenever you want to watch your Antenna/OTA/local channels, make sure you select this Home Screen Antenna Input/tile.  Do not select the LiveTV from the left side menu. (that is Streaming Channels only).

-----

If when you select the Antenna Input from the Home Screen you are seeing Streaming Channels listed as well, you can hide those if you wish by going into Settings/TV Input/Manage Channels/Hide Streaming Channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Gigi9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.  It seems to be working now.

0 Kudos
Gigi9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you,  It's working now.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

👍🏻 It worked out on a Hisense 🖥 

0 Kudos
dd2019
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm still having this problem. And I never had it before. My local channels were always listed right before my streaming channels. Which, once I scan my local channels are listed in the guide with my streaming channels. Now, all of the sudden, they disappear every time I hit the home button or leave live tv. Renaming inputs and multiple antennas and changing power on options none of that was necessary a few weeks ago. This is so odd. Very frustrating. I don't even have to power off, I just hit home and then go back into live tv and my local antenna channels are gone again. What on earth is happening?? 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the post, @dd2019!

We'd like to see more about what's going on here, and we appreciate the detailed information about it.

In order to further look into it, We'll need your help. Could you please provide us with the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

This information will help our team take a closer look into this.

Please keep us updated!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There is a new issue that has been persisting with the Live TV Guide for over a week now.  Whenever you go to the guide the selection automatically jumps over to 'catagories' column, this is definitely a bug with the last update.  It effects all Roku TVs, no matter the model, year, or whatever.  The selection needs to be fixed so that it stays on the channel grid itelf.  They way it is now is a problem considering you have to click left for the guide, then hit right to get over the channel grid, if you do not hit right you scroll through the categories quick-guide column which again is mostly flawed and utterly useless.

0 Kudos