Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eldonnew
Reel Rookie

Antenna Channels disappears every time I turn the TV Off. I have to rescan every time.

On a Westinghouse ROKU TV, "Live TV" never shows scanned channels. I can see them in setup after a new scan. They disappear as soon as I hit the "Home" button, or leave the "Guide" screen. I have tried the power off and on trick. 

I was planning to change the name of "Live TV " to Antenna" but the scanned channels are not remembered ling enough to do that.

This system has serious amnesia .

(it was much easier to use our previous dumb TV with a ROKU attachment. Then we were in control of the input feeds. )

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Antenna Channels disappears every time I turn the TV Off. I have to rescan every time.

Hi @eldonnew,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku TV since the antenna channels are gone. We're happy to assist you further. Kindly try to perform a system restart on your Roku device to properly reboot your device's system by going to Settings > System > Power (if this is not an option, kindly skip the step). After doing so, please try to re-scan the local channels. You can refer to this support article here for more information on scanning local channels.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
edroksense
Roku Guru

Re: Antenna Channels disappears every time I turn the TV Off. I have to rescan every time.

Try to give name to your viewing channel into "favorite channel" from menu.

This way the tv will memorize that channel you made as favorite channel. Even though it is turned off and you open it,  it must be there in memory.