Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaronAC

Another Blinking White Light Problem - Help, before I chuck it!

Hi -

I am having an issue that I haven't been able to find the fix for but I thought I'd give the forum a shot before I up and got a new Roku.

I have a 5 year old Roku Premiere, that has been rock solid.  Yesterday, it froze and then turned off and I haven't been able to get it to work since.

There is no light on but when I unplug it and plug it back in, I get a solid white light for 15 seconds then it blinks 8 times and goes dark.  There is never anything on the screen while this is going on.

When the light is off, it will flash if I press anything on the remote.  

I have tried unplugging.  I have tried keeping it unplugged for an hour.  I have used the manual reset on the bottom.  I have performed a reset with the remote.  I have plugged it into a different power source.  It does this with or without the HDMI plug in.  The internet is working fine.  

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Another Blinking White Light Problem - Help, before I chuck it!

@JaronAC 

Oh, I do not like the sound of that. From what you're saying, you've done good and proper troubleshooting steps. The only question about what you've done is in regards to the factory reset button.

A full factory reset is done when the button is pressed and help for no less than 30 seconds. Usually, something will happen before then, and people often think the reset is complete. But do hold for a full 30 continuous seconds.

Apart from that, nothing else comes to mind. Others may have some thoughts, so if you can await other responses, someone may be able to help if my suggestion doesn't do it.

If you've had that device for 5 years, that means it's the model 4620 Premiere. It's essentially an Ultra, missing the microSD slot, the USB port, and included an IR remote (though the WiFi remotes work with it). I retired one of those in December. It worked from 2016 until 2021, and was working when I shut it down to replace with a Streambar. The Premiere was a solid device.

I hope the factory reset resolves it, but I would not be surprised if it has reached end of life.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos