Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morelloallen
Reel Rookie

All apps pause after 1 minute of play

If I open Netflix, a video will play for less than a minute and the video pauses and the screen goes black.  If I press 'ok', the video will play again for less than a minute and it happens all over again after every minute of video play.  The same thing happens on all other streaming apps - amazon prime, youtube, hulu., etc,  

Here's what I've tried so far - 

Factory reset

Connection check / network check - perfect

roku software is up to date

all apps checked and confirmed software is up to date 

disabled air play

I've officially run out of ideas on ways to fix the issue.  I have rokus in other rooms that don't have this issue.  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All apps pause after 1 minute of play

Hi @morelloallen,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If the playback issues happen on multiple devices, this is most likely an issue with the network. That being said, could you try to connect the device to the available mobile hotspot just to check if there will be a difference in the issue?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
morelloallen
Reel Rookie

@RokuJanadeeK 

Hello! I just got around to trying this today and the exact same thing happened.  The connection to the wireless network and to my phone’s hot spot are excellent.   I honestly don’t know what the problem is.  

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @morelloallen,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems streaming with your Roku device. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Please provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be waiting for your response.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Osmel

@morelloallen

Todas las aplicaciones se pausan después de 1 minuto de reproducción.

Modelo. 3820r2 streaming stock 4k

No de serie x02500ldd9jf

Versión del software 12.5.0

Id s0j7338dd9jf

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Osmel

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Please be advised that Roku Community only supports the English language, and we have to use a translator to understand your inquiry.

May we know what channel is affected by the playback issue you've experienced? Also, when did you first encounter this issue? Further, what steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos