Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomReagan

After power outage, Roku Express 4K+ does not work

My neighborhood had a power outage last night and now our Roku Express 4K+ will not work.  It's dead.

• The power light on the Roku device is on, so it has power.
    • I've unplugged the power cable from the back of the device, as well as the outlet.
    • I've also reset the device by clicking and holding the "Reset" button on the back of the device - for several seconds.
  • The HDMI input on the TV is correct, and I even changed HDMI cables/inputs.
  • There is no Roku image/home screen/display on my TV.
  • My TV is fine, as it displays the "HDMI" input and the volume when...
  • ...I use the Roku remote to control the volume on my TV and power off the TV and Roku device, so the Roku remote works fine.
  • My Wifi is fine, this isn't a connectivity issue, it's just a display issue...

Again, no Roku image at all on my TV.  It's blank.

Seems to me that the device just died, but why is the power light still on?

I bought this on Amazon six months ago, so it's too late for a return.

Any advise?  Other than switch to an Amazon Fire Stick?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: After power outage, Roku Express 4K+ does not work

Hi @TomReagan,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with your Roku device after a power outage, along with all of the troubleshooting that you've done.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: What to do if your Roku streaming player will not power on | Official Roku Support

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos