Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ads locking up the screen

I have two TVs.  On only one of them, when I turn on the system, all I get is a Disney ad.  It locks up the TV and I am not able to do anything other than shut off the TV.  Later, while scrolling thru the menu for a streaming channel, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc.  The screen will switch to the Disney ad and not move. 

On You Tube, I would scroll down the menu and half way down, it would lock up the menul and display a Disney ad in the lower left hand corner.  I couldn't click on "cancel".  I have followed the protocols to reset everything - doesn't work.  I have not changed things under setting.

I am very ready to cancel Roku and find another system.

These problems do not show up on our other TV.  The other TV works perfectly fine.

PLEASE respond soon and in NON_TECHNICAL English.  😉

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ads locking up the screen

@bettearnold 

Roku doesn't do pop-up ads.

Maybe it's your TV? Is it connected to the Internet?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

This is not pop-up ads - I know what those are.

Yeeees it is connect to the internet - otherwise nothing would have happened and I would have not seen said ads.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@bettearnold 

So you have a Roku TV, and not a TV with a Roku attached?

Can you provide a picture of these ads that are locking up your system?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

I smell a fake account. Unless they are speaking of the Roku theme that Disney is paying for to promote the new movie Turing Red

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@AeroSpaceTech 

Oh, I hadn't considered a theme. I turned mine off ... years ago.

If @bettearnold posts a screen capture/photo, that would help determine just what it is.

DBDukes