Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ABC app won't stay open already reinstalled

Thanks for the response, @recoil

We appreciate your understanding.

If there's anything we can do to further assist you aside from this, please don't hesitate to ping us or get our attention. It's always our pleasure to assist.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AL17

Hi John, 

my Roku express keeps shutting down and going back Home Screen whenever I’m watching any apps, Hulu - Disney - Netflix - doesn’t matter. I’ve looked for Roku updates, app updates, deleted apps, factory reset Roku, nothing has helped? Do they just go bad after awhile? I feel like it’s less than 2 years old…

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AL17,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you with your streaming problem with your Roku Express. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Please provide us with more details.

• How are you powering your Roku Express? 
  • Have you tried restarting your network router?
  • How far is your Roku Express from your network router?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content?

With more details, we can determine what went wrong to further assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
recoil
Channel Surfer

Here's some more info for you. I forgot I had a third Roku in the house, down in my workshop. It's the first I ever got (see photo).

I was down there tonight and tried getting ABC and it does get ABC! I checked the version and it's 5.21 Build 0.

I went and checked the 2 Rokus I have been having an issue with and now they work. Last time I checked (see photos in previous post) they were at version 5.20, now they are also at 5.21.

Seems ABC did a software update that has finally fixed the problem.

IMG_4110.JPG

0 Kudos