Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TigerTail

ABC app won't stay open already reinstalled

ABC opens then closes

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ABC app won't stay open already reinstalled

When you reinstalled it, did you restart your Roku device after you removed it and before you reinstalled it?  If not, try it again.  You can find "System restart" under Settings->System or Settings->System->Power depending on your Roku model.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
recoil
Channel Surfer

I've had the same issue for several months now on 3 different Roku, in different locations. I have tried deleting the ABC app, restarting Roku, reinstalling ABC, no difference.

I spoke with Roku tech support who stated it's an issue with the ABC app. I contacted ABC (Disney) about 8 weeks ago, I get a reply that they are working on it. 4 weeks, no answer, email them back, I get another email they are working on it.

Gave up.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @recoil,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We would like to further investigate this issue that you're having with the ABC channel. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Are you getting any error messages or codes when launching the channel?
  • Is this the only channel that you're having issues with?
  • Where are you currently located right now?
  • Are you using a VPN?
  • What Roku device are you using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
recoil
Channel Surfer

Hi John,

To answer your questions........

1. No error message at all the app opens for a second or so and then The Roku goes back to the home screen...here's a link to a video I sent ABC.....  Roku/ABC video 
  2. This is the only channel it happens with, the red/black ABC logo which is the main channel with live streaming . All the other ABC channels (local affiliates/news/etc. work.
  3. I am about 40 miles north of NYC.
  4. I am NOT using a VPN.
  5. It's happening on my Roku streaming stick (3820X), a Roku TV that I have (E!AA@$R), and on a friends Streaming Stick.

ABC/Disney has had all this info for for 8 weeks, no help.

0 Kudos
recoil
Channel Surfer

That Roku TV is E1AA24R.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @recoil

Thanks for the response.

We appreciate you for providing the information, and we'd like to investigate this issue further. Could you please provide the following details below:

We would be more than happy to look into this issue and we'll need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
recoil
Channel Surfer

Here are screen shots from the devices...

IMG_1083.JPGIMG_1084.JPG

Channel is ABC (red/black) which I already stated above. Version is 5.20 Version 0.

Tracker ID 31-081-529 on the Roku TV and then UU-081-531 on the Streaming Stick.

I uploaded a video link in my last post but here it is again...

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1vn2tgrdo55fnjc9gasxj/IMG_1087.MOV?rlkey=jnhn3uebl2cm9u3ea53509n2t&dl... 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for keeping us posted, @recoil

We have taken note of the information and the issue you've brought to our attention. We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team since this will be subject for further investigation.

Once more details are developed regarding this, we'll make sure to provide an update in this thread.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
recoil
Channel Surfer

I look forward to it.

0 Kudos