Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barolo
Level 7

4K question... how can one device show 4K and the other not on Netflix? Both are Ultras.

Jump to solution

I have two Roku Ultras - both 4K. My living room works fine on Netflix. When pulling up the description of a show/movie I can clearly see the 4K listing. On the same program, my bedroom Ultra (recent purchase) does not. I have tried every manner of logging in/out, rebooting roku, rebooting the channel, etc. I read somewhere that that Netflix requires about 25mbps download speed. My Eero system pretty much gives me a constant 280mbps. Any thoughts out there?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 4K question... how can one device show 4K and the other not on Netflix? Both are Ultras.

Jump to solution

To be sure there is no misunderstanding, the Settings > Display type setting @renojim was asking about is on the Roku attached to each, not the TV itself.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Re: 4K question... how can one device show 4K and the other not on Netflix? Both are Ultras.

Jump to solution

You don't mention if both TVs are 4k.  You won't see the 4k banner if the TV isn't 4k.  If they are both 4k, what does the setting indicate under Settings->Display type on each TV?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
barolo
Level 7

Jump to solution

The tv is question is a brand new LG OLED 55G1 custom install model. Installed and set-up by a very good pro. It is indeed a 4K TV. On your suggestion, I have checked all settings and I'm not seeing anything in TV settings that would be switchable for resolution type. In fact, I would assume that the TV will display best signal that it is sent.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

To be sure there is no misunderstanding, the Settings > Display type setting @renojim was asking about is on the Roku attached to each, not the TV itself.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X