Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam2123
Level 7

3930x streaming quality issue

Since updating to OS 10.5 my Roku has had issues streaming with any sort of clarity. All apps stream but they are super choppy and act as if I have a bad internet connection. I have restarted my router and my Roku many times and the issue persists. I had zero issues before updating, streaming was perfectly clear. 

Please roll me back to a stable version of the OS. My serial number is X00400VD3PDN

3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 3930x streaming quality issue

@Adam2123 

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Adam2123
Level 7

Danny,

Thank you for looking at my post. My issue is not that the device will not connect, I am able to get connected and I am able to stream. My issue is that the stability of the streaming experience is terrible. There is longer load times and the quality (i.e. 1080p) of the stream. 

Yes I have tried changing the channel of my router, no I have not moved the device closer, they are in the same room (about 10 feet away from each other). I have only been experiencing the issue since my device was updated to OS 10.5.

Please roll my device back to an earlier build.

thanks,

Adam

RokuIrene-S
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Adam2123

Thanks for the info!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Who is your internet service provider
  • what is the make and model of your router
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos