Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sykosponge

3290x black screen, double flashing light.

I moved a few months ago, just now hooking up my Roku 3290. It was working fine before my move. I am getting a black screen and the light on the front is flashing twice repeatedly. The light does flash when I push a button on the remote. I have tried 2 TVs, 3 HDMI cables and 2 different USB cables and adapters. I have tried to reset the device by holding the reset on the back for 10 seconds, with no change on the screen. Both TBs recognize the Roku is connected but never get a picture.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 3290x black screen, double flashing light.

@sykosponge wrote:

... I have tried to reset the device by holding the reset on the back for 10 seconds, with no change on the screen. ...

Unless something has changed recently, the reset button on a Rolu device must be held in for at least 30 seconds to get a fully factory reset.  Less than this will only result in a restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 3290x black screen, double flashing light.

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos