Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bfern93
Reel Rookie

2022 Roku Ultra Closing Channels

Hi my new 2022 Roku Ultra keeps closing my channels on its own and goes to Home Screen. I’ve tried Xfinity app and NESN app and both close automatically after about minute or two minutes. 

Issue ID P3-172-796

Issue Report Tracker:

Model: 4802X- Roku Ultra

Serial#: X010003LAPP3 (S0DA229LAPP3)

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4178-C2

GC Version: 9.1.120

Timestamp: 2023-04-30T23:56:29Z

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: 2022 Roku Ultra Closing Channels

Hi @Bfern93

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We certainly understand that when you tried to stream it closes the channel and then goes back to the home screen. Aside from the mentioned channels, does the issue occur on all or other channels on your Roku device? Do you encounter receiving an error message or code? 

Have you tried restarting your Roku device and see if it helps? We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Bfern93
Reel Rookie

It’s every channel on my Roku and I have already checked updates and constantly restarted my Roku and no difference.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Bfern93

Thanks for the response. 

When did you start seeing the problem? Could you try to perform a factory reset on your Roku device? A factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration.

For detailed information, please visit our Support page: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos