Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drawdan
Level 7

[10.5] Occasional flashes to black with Dolby Vision

My device is doing the same thing/ a 1-3 second black out then back to picture with Dolby Digital 

-Roku device model=  Roku Ultra4800X- 
-serial number= X010006VPR6A
-device ID=  S02A20DVPR6A
-software OS/version= 10.5.0  BUILD 4201-C2
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) = ID 6A-461-821
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing= Playing any movie in HDR / it randomly occurs

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
GLR
Level 9

Re: [10.5] Occasional flashes to black with Dolby Vision

I just updated to 10.5.0 Build 4201-C2. When I updated my LG C9 firmware last summer I still got a break in the sound every few seconds like a scratched record. I just got a new update to my AV receiver firmware and the sound problem is now gone as well.

Be sure to check that the firmware for all your devices is up-to-date.

Roku Ultra 4800X - 10.5.0 Build 4201-C2

Denon AVR X2600H - 7400-3093-3061-3085

LG C9 - 05.10.25

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @drawdan @GLR,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team for an investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.
 We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
dccrens
Level 7

I'm having the same issue after updating to the latest release 10.5. When will roku have a fix? Very **bleep**! 

0 Kudos