Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
be7
Channel Surfer

Why can't I specify which motion events send me a notification on the Wireless Doorbell?

On my 360 degree camera (image 1), I can make it so that my camera records Person events and Pet events, but only notifies me of Person events. However, on my Wireless Doorbell (image 2), I cannot specific which event send me notifications. I want both Person and Pet events to be recorded, but I only want to be notified of person events. But the only notification options I have are: Smart Detection Events, All Motion Events, or Doorbell Presses. I can't specify individual Smart Detection Events. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the doorbell just more limited in how specific you can be with notifications? If so, I really hope Roku changes it so that the options are like they are with the 360 degree camera

360 Degree Notification options360 Degree Notification optionsWireless Doorbell Notification optionsWireless Doorbell Notification options

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why can't I specify which motion events send me a notification on the Wireless Doorbell?

Hi @be7 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Wireless Doorbell and the 360 Camera have different functionality due to the battery/power usage and capability.

The only option for your Roku Smart Home Wireless Doorbell to receive notifications for Person events would be to set your Smart Detection on your wireless doorbell to only Person events and then your notifications set to only Smart Detection, while leaving your recording for all events. Please be aware that leaving recording for all events may use more battery power on your Roku Smart Home Wireless Doorbell depending on how much activity may be detected with your doorbell.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
be7
Channel Surfer

Re: Why can't I specify which motion events send me a notification on the Wireless Doorbell?

Any way I can contact Roku and ask them to make the doorbell like the 360 so that I can specify which events trigger a notification? I got the doorbell camera thinking it would have the same functionality in the app as my 360 camera, so I am feeling a bit bamboozled

0 Kudos