Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomester
Binge Watcher

Re: Watching the ROKU cameras from a PC/Mac

Jump to solution

That's cam plus, not the same as the standard wyze camera that the Roku is rebranded off of.  Plus the subscription is much more expensive.

HoustonB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Solved: copy and paste this tutorial video on how to set up roku for pc. Hope this helps

https://youtu.be/Su6T5oFX12Q?si=AUbf4ygkQ1NlaPYY

Puppypunter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Great video! The one downside I see is it requires Windows 11 for iPhone users. But seems very seamless. 

AlikaiOfficial
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@gomester 

Yes the cameras are re branded Wyze cameras. Everything about them is pretty much the same coming from a software point of view. Minus the fact that Roku cameras can be viewed on a Roku tv. Yes Wyze sells many cameras and Roku will most likely continue to sell Rebranded Wyze Cameras. Yes you CAN use an emulator, its not the best option to use one, Its the only option we have right now. I personally don't care to use emulators because they come with more risks. One of which is the fact that you are running old versions of android, i.e. LDPlayer 9 (latest version) is running Android 9. While your computer "may" be safe from attacks any accounts you sign into on the emulator run the risk of being stolen. Me personally, I don't want someone else getting into my account and viewing my cameras. An Emulator is an option yes, is it a perfectly good option or even a simple one for most no. I have to disagree with you there, Not all emulators are easy to use or install, and if the one you do use does not native support installing the app you need to use you have to sideload it which comes with a whole other set of risks. Im glad you found a way that works for you and was easy for you. 

As far as employers go, the Roku Smart Home app that is used on phones and tablets is not a Monitoring app in the reference you are using. I could go to about 90% of Companies connect to their network that employees use and be able to use the Roku Smart Home App from my phone using their network access. Lets face it most social networking sites arent blocked by companies why would a Smart Home app be blocked? 

Now back to the fact that these are just rebranded Wyze Cameras. While Wyze does not have an app that you can download or install on a PC/Mac what they do have is a web portal you can live stream your cameras, access cloud events, and manage subscriptions from. So if you're arguing the fact that Roku didn't make these cameras and didn't make the app that we use its all just rebranded then why don't we have a rebranded web portal yet? Im sure Roku is working on something for PC/Mac, at least I hope they are as I agree with most people here it would be nice to have a way to view these from PC/Mac as I honestly dont have to have to get another roku device just to view my cameras live while Im at home. I wouldnt say anyone is b.i.t.c.h.ing about anything. Its more everyone is annoyed that the only way currently is with the Roku Smart Home App on a mobile device. 

Most people in this forum are looking for a way to view their cameras on their PC/Mac that is Natively supported by Roku, An app, a web portal, a program. Not everyone one wants to/is willing to use an emulator. Bashing people for waiting that Support Directly from Roku, The name on the Cameras they bought, is not what this post was originally about.

0 Kudos
AlikaiOfficial
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm sorry did you get your feelings hurt? 

Only proving the point. You're upset because you got called out for being an idiot. I only called you out because you talked about people needing to do research, to stop complaining, to stop whining. Here you are at it again. You could have simply said This is what I use, this is my experience with it, not sure why yours is using more resources have you checked your settings. Instead, you bash and call people idiots and then get mad when someone calls you out on it. Talk about Ignorance. 

Yeah, I'm a "Visitor" and yes, I have the Cameras (4 Outdoor and 1 Doorbell). I've had Roku products for years just never needed to come to the forums until now to see if there was a PC/Mac program to view the cameras. Instead, I see you getting mad that people don't want to use/ or hear about your "Solution". Maybe they don't understand what they need to do with an emulator, maybe they don't trust or like them. Doesn't mean you need to go after them because they didn't pick your answer and don't get upset when someone does what you complained about and proves you wrong.

Treat others how you wish to be treated, don't be rude and don't dish out what you can't take in return.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

As a friendly reminder when posting in the Community, posts need to adhere to the Roku Community guidelines:

Please be respectful while engaging in the Community. We have a no-tolerance policy for any behavior that violates our Community Guidelines, disrupts the positive spirit of the Community, or is rude, inappropriate, or offensive.

Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you. So once you download Bluestacks on your PC, is there somewhere to search for and download the Roku app? Need a more detailed walkthrough please.

HoustonB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You shouldn't need to use blue stacks unless you have a preference. Not sure if you can see my last post but there is a link on YT that I posted that might be able to help you out. I use it Everyday and it works seamlessly.

0 Kudos
HoustonB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

also forgot to mention that I'm not sure how it works for iPhone users but I know it works nicely for Androids. At least for mine, it did as results may vary.

0 Kudos