Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tlynn16
Reel Rookie

Can't login to smart home

Jump to solution

I just purchased a outdoor camera yesterday and I had it all set up running great an when my husband tried to login to the account to view the camera it was telling him wrong email and password. Knowing I had given him the correct info I logged out to reenter the info on my phone an it said the same thing. I tried to reset password and still nothing. I have removed the app 2 times an still nothing. What do I do now. I am new to all this an I am lost.

0 Kudos

Re: Unable to log in to the account with the Roku Smart Home app

Jump to solution

Still can't log in to my smart home account or anything else.

I hope someone is working day and night to resolve this issue before everyone is forced to go to a more reliable service.

0 Kudos
redbudrun

Re: Can't login to Roku Smart Home app on Samsung

Jump to solution

Fix your **bleep** site or am going to uninstall and start writing NASTY REVIEWS .

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I've posted this in a number of threads:

If you don't have the Roku mobile app, install it and see if you can log into your Roku account on it.  If you have it already, but it's signed into a different Roku account, try signing into the same account as you're using for your "smart" 🙄 home devices.  For me, once I signed into the mobile app with the same Roku account that my "smart" devices are linked to I was able to sign in on the smart home app without even needing to enter a password.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Apparently nobody reads the responses that come before their post.  A possible solution was posted above.  Give it a try:

If you don't have the Roku mobile app, install it and see if you can log into your Roku account on it.  If you have it already, but it's signed into a different Roku account, try signing into the same account as you're using for your "smart" 🙄 home devices.  For me, once I signed into the mobile app with the same Roku account that my "smart" devices are linked to I was able to sign in on the smart home app without even needing to enter a password.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Nvr2L84u
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I read all the responses. This wasn't applicable to me as I only have 1 Roku account. 

0 Kudos
Cz5

Jump to solution

Can I delete the device & set up a new account using the same device?

0 Kudos
Tlynn16
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I only have my camera but I still did it as stated with the Roku main app. It let me login to that great. Then when I went back to Smart Home it was saying the same thing knowing it was correct info because I only have the 1 Roku device. So I uninstalled the smart home app again I had already done that before an when I reinstalled it I was able to login. So that what I had to do.

0 Kudos
KGad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This works!!! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We believe the issue with accessing the Android Smart Home app is now fixed.

We recommend updating to the most recent version, 2.7.1, from the Google Play store if you are having trouble logging into your account while using the Android Smart Home App.

We're going to mark this post as solved and lock the thread.

Thanks to everyone who reported this and for your patience while we worked with the channel partner to find a resolution.

Best regards,
Community Roku Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos