Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonya1980
Reel Rookie

Unable to log in to the account with the Roku Smart Home app

Jump to solution

When will this be fixed I can't log in my account or watch the footage on my phone at all

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to log in to the account with the Roku Smart Home app

Jump to solution

Apparently nobody reads the responses that come before their post.  A possible solution was posted above.  Give it a try:

If you don't have the Roku mobile app, install it and see if you can log into your Roku account on it.  If you have it already, but it's signed into a different Roku account, try signing into the same account as you're using for your "smart" 🙄 home devices.  For me, once I signed into the mobile app with the same Roku account that my "smart" devices are linked to I was able to sign in on the smart home app without even needing to enter a password.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to log in to the account with the Roku Smart Home app

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We believe the issue with accessing the Android Smart Home app is now fixed.

We recommend updating to the most recent version, 2.7.1, from the Google Play store if you are having trouble logging into your account while using the Android Smart Home App.

We're going to mark this post as solved and lock the thread.

Thanks to everyone who reported this and for your patience while we worked with the channel partner to find a resolution.

Best regards,
Community Roku Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
39 REPLIES 39
Meesterjojo
Reel Rookie

Roku Smart Home App says it cannot connect

Jump to solution

I use the app to connect to 3 roku smart bulbs. 

I change the colors multiple times per day. 

This evening I suddenly cannot connect to the bulbs or the app. 

These forums suggest reinstalling the app- i do. 

These forums suggest turning off and on the bulbs- I do. 

These forums suggest reseting my router- I do. 

It just keeps giving me the same message, and now I can't even get into the app. 

Oh. Wait. It let's me in the app but says my bulbs are all offline and that error code "%s"

Cmon. Do better. I've got way cheaper bulbs that out perform at this rate. Holy gods. 

DogManDan

Re: Roku Smart Home App says it cannot connect

Jump to solution

Yep the app is not working. Everything showed offline, can't connect. Uninstaller and reinstalled now can't even get into the app it just hangs.

Considering all my lighting is controlled and I now have zero access to anything I am PISSED.

HornedAndWinged
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Smart Home App says it cannot connect

Jump to solution

I use the smart home app for one indoor and two outdoor cameras. One of my outdoor cameras showed being offline first, sometime after 6:30 am central time. At about 8:45 pm the whole app kept in giving consistant error messages about being unable to connect despite having excellent wifi signal. I did an uninstall then reinstall, and now I can't even get to the sign in screen because the error message is continuous. it's obviously an internal issue. Please activate the headers in support to advise users of the problem and begin working on correcting the issue. Thanks.

Mayday1992

Smart home app amd cameras not reliable

Jump to solution

What's the point of having cameras if the system won't let me log into my account this needs to be fixed asap I've reset the password several times I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app still doesn't work I rely on these cameras because of the area I live in if anyone has suggestions on a better more reliable camera setup I'm all ears on top of paying a monthly fee this shouldn't be an issue to deal with 

Melissa10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same thing can't log back in for two days now 

0 Kudos
Finnie

Jump to solution

We are logged in and can't even access cameras. 

0 Kudos
Tonya1980
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can't even watch my cameras footage on my phone

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for your effort to reach the Community and share your experience.

We understand that you are having trouble accessing the Roku Smart Home app. Please be advised that we are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. We'll get back to you once we have an update and I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Roku Community team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
CombatDoc
Reel Rookie

Re: Smart home app amd cameras not reliable

Jump to solution

It's ridiculous. Same problem here and everywhere I think. I live in SW Missouri and have a huge problem with black bears right now. I installed 5 cameras at around 150 bucks plus paying a subscription fee and all for what? They are putting lives at risk. I have to uninstall, reboot my phone, reinstall every week!! Now can't get logged in at all. 

0 Kudos