Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Truckerwarren
Reel Rookie

Trying to add devices to Smart Home app

Jump to solution

I purchased and installed indoor smart plugs and color changing bulbs today. The app tells me when I try to connect to the devices "connection failed" it follows with suggestions of what to do such as re-entering my wifi password, verifying I'm connecting to a 2.4 GHz connection and restarting my router and or modem. All of which I have done multiple times. Still no connection, even if the devices are right next to my router. Any suggestions please of things I should try to make these work before I return them to the Walmart and drive another 30 minutes more to purchase CYNC devices which I already have working in my home. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Trying to add devices to Smart Home app

Jump to solution

Hi, @Truckerwarren

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community. 

We appreciate you for reaching out to us for support, and we'd be glad to assist. Let's troubleshoot your Roku Smart Plugs and Smart Bulbs to resolve the issue at hand. We'll provide the steps below, and kindly follow the instructions stated.

Restart the Smart Bulb.

• If you are restarting a Roku Smart Bulb SE (Color) or Roku Smart Bulb SE (White), turn off the bulb manually with the light switch and then turn it back on.

Restart the Roku Smart Plug.

• If you are restarting a Roku Indoor Smart Plug SE or Roku Outdoor Smart Plug SE, unplug the smart plug from the power source and then plug it back in.

After performing the steps above, re-set up your Roku Smart Bulb and Roku Smart Plug. For more guides and steps to accomplish this, kindly visit Roku's official support article in.

How to set up your Roku Smart Bulb SE and How to set up your Roku Indoor Smart Plug SE.

If there's anything we can do to assist you further besides this, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Truckerwarren

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community. 

We appreciate you for reaching out to us for support, and we'd be glad to assist. Let's troubleshoot your Roku Smart Plugs and Smart Bulbs to resolve the issue at hand. We'll provide the steps below, and kindly follow the instructions stated.

Restart the Smart Bulb.

• If you are restarting a Roku Smart Bulb SE (Color) or Roku Smart Bulb SE (White), turn off the bulb manually with the light switch and then turn it back on.

Restart the Roku Smart Plug.

• If you are restarting a Roku Indoor Smart Plug SE or Roku Outdoor Smart Plug SE, unplug the smart plug from the power source and then plug it back in.

After performing the steps above, re-set up your Roku Smart Bulb and Roku Smart Plug. For more guides and steps to accomplish this, kindly visit Roku's official support article in.

How to set up your Roku Smart Bulb SE and How to set up your Roku Indoor Smart Plug SE.

If there's anything we can do to assist you further besides this, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Truckerwarren
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response. I did just that after getting home from work today and everything set up as it should. All is good. 

0 Kudos