Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Art-T
Reel Rookie

Re: Smart home app for android not connecting. Here's my response to the moderator

Jump to solution

I read about an issue where Roku is preventing users from using their devices until they agree to the new terms. Is this Smart home app logon issue related to the new terms agreement issue? Are we being locked out with no way to be forced to agree to Roku's new terms? (Check it out on ZDNET; "Your Roku TV will be unusable if you don't agree to the company's new terms".

lchristine90
Reel Rookie

Re: Smart home app for android not connecting. Here's my response to the moderator

Jump to solution

I was able to resolve the issue by first downloading and signing into the "roku app"  and once I did that I could then sign into the "Roku smart home app"  Please let everyone know if this solution also works for you. 

0 Kudos
Brooklyn_Autumn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

WOW! I didn't get anything new about terms, only one time a year ago when I first got all the cameras and the app, but nothing new with updates. I'll definitely look into this. The only thing I'm concerned with is them thinking we're agreeing for them to view live cameras at any time but they say they aren't able to, but that's a crock of sh!t - they have our login info. Whether we'd be notified via email the instant someone signs in, I'm sure they can get around that. 

Jump to solution

Mine kicked me out of the app and I ain't been able to get back in. But I can watch it on the roku TV but that don't help me at all on the TV. I can't save from the TV. I would really like my app to work and the fact this has been going on since Friday why ain't it fixed by now this is ridiculous but they still got their 9.99 for the month despite the bull **bleep**!!!

auto5120
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The Roku app is not working on my end. I deleted the app and reinstalled it and still cannot sign in.😡

0 Kudos
HornedAndWinged
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I, to, had a problem with one of my three cameras being unable to connect, despite checking it's power source and Internet signal. Everything is plugged in correctly, and the net connects to the other two with no notable issues. One. Of the trouble shooting steps is to uninstall then reinstall the smart home app, which I did, but that ran me into the trouble logging in issue they are working on. It was only briefly on Saturday 3/9/24 that I experienced this glitch, but upon signing back in, the connectivity delimma for the same camera still persists. Please properly address the awareness of this issue, and please work to correct the problem. I see it's not just myself experiencing this problem.

0 Kudos
Melissa100
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Had to go buy a iPhone smart home app working on iPhone just not androids 

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We believe this issue is now resolved. We've updated the Smart Home app on Google Play and you should now be able to log in with the latest app. Please update your Smart Home app and try logging in again.

We're going to go ahead and close this thread as we believe this issue is now resolved, but please open a new thread if you're still experiencing an issue so that we can help. 

More info: [Resolved][Smart Home app] Android log in issue 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.