Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WellFuku2
Channel Surfer

Re: Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

This doesn’t help at all. It is patently stupid. You take customers for idiots. I don’t want to expose my number to yet another application having my data. 

0 Kudos
WellFuku2
Channel Surfer

How do I get a refund now that cameras are unusable thanks to two factor authentication

How do I get a refund for all this hardware I bought now that Roku have blocked me from using it? 3 cameras are now unusable because of Rokus absurd stance and treatment of customers. Forced to use text message verification. I don’t trust YET ANOTHER APP asking for my phone. I haven’t been able to use or check these cameras.

12 years I’ve had Roku and promoted it… this is embarrassing. How incompetent of management could approve this? 

The hardware I bought is now BRICKED by Roku. Never buying another camera and I am so sick that I bought 3 tv devices. I’ll have to find something new.

Does anyone know another app to connect these unusable cameras to now?

0 Kudos
KenFow
Reel Rookie

Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

Forced again to do 2fa, this is beyond getting old. I will be finding a new type of smart lightbulb 

noneyobiz

Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

I literally have had roku for years. I tried to turn my lights off two nights ago with the smart home app and it demanded me to set up two factor authentication. I did so, IMMEDIATELY deleted it, and accessed it today to turn off my lights again and it did the same thing!!

If I disabled it, I don't want it! Why do I have to type in a code to turn off the lights? I can just flick the switch if I wanted to be inconvenienced?!?

Just more tech that I have to get rid of now! WASTE OF MONEY!!!

Geriwinter
Reel Rookie

I believe I read that the feature to turn it off is not working.  After trying to turn it off multiple times finally   I put my info in one one device and it now leaves me alone.  I can access my cameras without being bothered. Yeah. Roku has my phone number but I think they had it anyway. 

Nestor1322

This new change at log in makes me sick 

🤬

0 Kudos
WellFuku2
Channel Surfer

Re: Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

This is by far the worst answer I've ever received from a manufacturer on a message forum hosted on their site. You did not even start to read what I said or asked. Changing my password has nothing to do with anything. 

0 Kudos

This two factor authentication is a deal breaker for me.  I could have lived with a thumbprint authentication, but having to wait for a code to be texted for camera access is too inconvenient.  Very disappointed that we weren't given an option.  Guess I'll start researching alternative products and replace. 

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @bryandirect,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you require assistance in turning off two-factor authentication. We are happy to help.

Turn off Website 2FA
  1. Go to my.roku.com.
  2. Sign in (If not already signed in)
  3. Tap "Account info"
  4. At the bottom of the screen, click the button directly under "Two-Step Verification."
  5. To the right of the button, it will now show "Two-step verification is off."
  6. Click the "Save changes" button.

Could you please try this and let us know if it helps with the issue you're facing?

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chmestre

I have turned off "Website 2FA" and I anticipate that I will not need the email link while logging on my.roku.com.    However, this does not have any side effect on the "What's your number?" requirement to get into the Roku Smart Home app in these past 4 weeks.   I even reinstalled it to try this (ios version).

I want to opt out of the text message 2FA before being blocked from the app.   There should have been a rollout with advance notice.   Meanwhile, I also got a Tapo cam.