Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenFow
Channel Surfer

Re: Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

I have turned off 2FA at least 5 times and it doesn’t turn off. This was and is an incredibly bad idea, I will be getting rid of all Roku cameras and lights bulbs, 2FA isn’t wanted and just makes turning on and off lights a pain and gets in the way with members trying to access the app. I gave you more than enough time to fix this, and now you lost a customer so glad I didn’t buy all the other devices I was planning on buying.

Catso
Reel Rookie

Re: Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

I get this too. For anyone who also gets this, heres how I avoid it:

Turn off wifi. Open the app. Close the errors. Turn wifi back on.

0 Kudos
KenFow
Channel Surfer

I got rid of Roku and not coming back. Roku lost me as a customer because they don’t understand and are unwilling to understand that most people just don’t want 2FA.