Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoubleUp
Channel Surfer

Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

Jump to solution

Account security is very important to you? but there is no way to see who/what devices are logged into the Smart Home App and have the ability to watch my cameras? That seems very secure. It seems like Roku, who has always been great with tv and streaming products, ventured a little too far out of there lane, and completely dropped the ball... Luckily for Roku, this is all software stuff that can be altered and pressed out in an app update. Might want to get to work on it...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

Jump to solution

Hi @DoubleUp ,

We're grateful for your input and we're sorry that you're experiencing difficulties in ensuring who has access to view your Roku Camera.

Regarding having no option to see who has access to your cameras, we suggest changing your Roku password on the website; after you change the password, it will give you the option to sign out from all the websites and devices where your account is currently logged in. 

To change your Roku account email address or password: 

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
  2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Under the Account Information section, click or tap the Update button.
  4. After making any changes, select Save Changes.

If you require any assistance in doing it,  you can reach out to customer support directly. 

Thanks for posting. Your feedback is important as we strive to enhance our streaming experience.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

Jump to solution

Hi @DoubleUp ,

We're grateful for your input and we're sorry that you're experiencing difficulties in ensuring who has access to view your Roku Camera.

Regarding having no option to see who has access to your cameras, we suggest changing your Roku password on the website; after you change the password, it will give you the option to sign out from all the websites and devices where your account is currently logged in. 

To change your Roku account email address or password: 

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
  2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Under the Account Information section, click or tap the Update button.
  4. After making any changes, select Save Changes.

If you require any assistance in doing it,  you can reach out to customer support directly. 

Thanks for posting. Your feedback is important as we strive to enhance our streaming experience.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WellFuku2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Jessica G. deleted my topic and her absolute nonsense response to my request. The issue is NOT resolved. Roku has spent 4 weeks closing my tickets and sending ABHORRENTLY dismissive and INEPT responses by people like Jessica G. and RokuAustin. NOTHING has been done. I'm finished with supporting Roku after over 10 years. 

0 Kudos